UR increases access to study abroad programs

March 19, 2019

Spider Pride

Richmond is well known for encouraging our Spiders to study abroad — and we pride ourselves on the opportunities and support we provide to those who want to explore the world

The new EnCompass program is an additional avenue of support for those students who may not think they can study abroad because of finances, athletic schedules, or even course loads. We now offer full financial support for faculty-led, short-term travel opportunities, and the first group headed to Santiago, Chile, just last week over Spring Break.

“UR is nationally recognized for graduating 67 percent of our students with international experience, but this program focuses on the other 33 percent,” said Martha Merritt, dean of international education.

We are proud to support international education and our ambitious students who want to extend their studies abroad!

Interested in EnCompass? Read more